Are you thinking of selling or trading in your old car, boat or RV? Why not donate it instead? Your charitable contribution of a used vehicle could make a big difference to EarthShare!
Through America's Car Donation Center, you can make arrangements to conveniently and quickly have your old vehicle towed at no cost to you. DonateACar.com handles all the processing* -- they will make all arrangements for towing, tax receipt distribution, follow-up calls, title processing, appraisal if required, sale at auction or dismantler, and accounting and distribution of sale proceeds to EarthShare. All donors will be provided with a tax deductible donation receipt at the time of pick-up.
Still have questions? Check out the FAQ below or call America's Car Donation Center at 800.237.5714:
- What can I donate? America's Car Donation Center accepts most vehicles and vessels including but not limited to cars, trucks, trailers, boats and RV's.
- Is my donation tax deductible? Yes. EarthShare is classified with the IRS as a non-profit charitable organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Individual tax situations vary so please check with a tax professional to determine what, if any, tax benefit you may receive.
- What paperwork do I need to donate my vehicle? America's Car Donation Center would like to have the title to the vehicle, but if you do not have it is possible that other arrangements may be made. You will need to contact America's Car Donation Ceneter to discuss: 800.237.5714.
- My car hasn't run in years. Can I still donate it? Yes, Car Program is able to accept most vehicles (exceptions include older vehicles the value of which would not offset the cost of towing).
- Can you pick up vehicles in all 50 states? Yes, America's Car Donation Center is able to pick up accepted vehicles in the continental U.S. and Hawaii.
- How will the car be picked up? Once your car donation form has been reviewed and accepted, America's Car Donation Center will arrange to have your vehicle towed away for free by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing company. You will be contacted by a towing company once your donation is approved.
- How long will it take to pick up my car? You should be contacted within three - four business days at the most. If you need your car picked up sooner, please indicate this on the donation form as America's Car Donation Center may be able to make those arrangements, or call 800.513.6560.
- Will I get a receipt for my records? Once your donated vehicle has been processed (* see top of page), America's Car Donation Center will provide you with an acknowledgement receipt for any tax deduction to which you are entitled.
More questions? Call America's Car Donation Center at 800.237.5714, or, if you're ready to make a donation, visit DonateACar.com. Again, you should be contacted within 3-4 business days by the towing company.
Thank you for considering donating your used vehicle to benefit EarthShare. However you choose to help, EarthShare thanks you for your support!
The comments to this entry are closed.